SPARTA, NJ- On Thursday night there will be an important gathering at Sparta High School. Principal, Dr Daniel Johnson, Director of Guidance Rory Fitzgerald along with other administrators and staff have a big event planned for the parents of eighth grade students.
"With so many changes every year we encourage parent to attend even if this is not their first child entering Sparta High School," explains Fitzgerald.
Johnson will make the opening remarks and talk about some of the highlights of Sparta High School.
Athletic Director Patrick Shea will talk about athletics and co-curricular activities.
In addition to the information about scheduling and the path to success, Fitzgerald will be discussing the myriad of changes facing students in 2014. This includes changes due to the new curriculum, new classes and the new assessment systems. He will also review honors process.
Twelve minute rotations will be available for parents to learn about opportunities in all of the subject areas.
- Math and Performing Arts- Denis Sheeran Supervisor
- Guidance, Special Services and Student Assistance Counselor- Danielle Colte, Katie Flannelly, Guidance Counselors, Suzanne Sanders, Concetta Mangiaracina, Jane Esposito Special Services and SAC Kacey Dalton.
- Social Studies and World Languages - Steven Schels Supervisor
- Science-Marisa Wilson Supervisor
- English, Visual Arts- Mary Hassenplug Supervisor
- Technology, Career and Consumer Sciences, Physical Education- Steven Stoner and Janet Ferraro Vice Principals.
An Activity Fair will be in the Gymnasium for parents to see the athletics and activities that are available for students.
There will also be refreshments and a chance to have questions answered by club members, teachers, advisors and administrators.
Fitzgerald concluded, “Eighth Grade Parent Night is a very exciting event for the entire Sparta High School administration. We look forward to welcoming in a new class of Spartans who will continue to make Sparta High School a great place to come to each and every day.”