Students, faculty and staff were relieved to find that a fire call that was put into the 9-1-1 emergency call center was not as needed as initially thought. Around noon on Tuesday, a building fire was reported at Valley Forge Road and McNair Drive in Towamencin, according to Montco Firetalk.

The community and parents alike were quite concerned when the address showed as North Penn High School.

“[It was in the] East Building,” reported Matthew Swanson via Facebook. “[They held] the response unit on scene, unable to find anything” for a few moments filled with high anxiety.

Sign Up for E-News

It was soon clear, however, that there was no need for such response. Brian Fitzgerald reported that the call was simply for an “extinguished fire in an electric oven.”

Another Facebook user, Elijah Robinson, stated that “it was at the high school, and it was extinguished prior to the 9-1-1 call.”

No injuries were reported to emergency crews, and not charges were filed. The incident was reported as accidental, and required no additional assistance from rescue crews, according to reports.