Atlantic Health System was well represented at this year’s Healthcare Heroes Awards, a program of NJBIZ, with 12 Finalists being called to the stage to be recognized in eight of the ten featured categories. The Atlantic Health honorees joined hundreds of the state’s health care professionals at The Palace in Somerset, New Jersey to support the annual awards which honor individuals and organizations that are making an impact on health and safety in New Jersey.
Winning in the individual Innovation Hero Award was Amy Perry, CEO, Hospital Division, Senior Vice President, Integrated Care Delivery, Atlantic Health System. Perry has been instrumental in identifying opportunities for growth and innovation at Atlantic Health System. She’s the driving force behind Atlantic Health Advancements (AHa!), a unique idea incubator that enables the healthcare system’s almost 17,000 team members and 4,800 physicians to generate ideas that enhance care delivery, improve clinical outcomes and reduce the cost of health care.
11 additional Atlantic Health System Finalists included:
- Kevin Joyce (Atlantic Health System) – Healthcare Professional
- Atlantic Health System, Morristown Medical Center (Breakthrough Oncology Accelerator – Dr. Eric Whitman) – Innovation Hero (organization)
- Carol Jones (Atlantic Health System, Morristown Medical Center) – Nurse of the Year
- Laura Pizzano (Atlantic Health System, Morristown Medical Center) – Nurse of the Year
- Dr. Philip Scaduto (Atlantic Health System, Primary Care Partners) – Physician of the Year
- Dr. James Wittig (Atlantic Health System, Morristown Medical Center) – Physician of the Year
- Dr. Chris Amalfitano (Atlantic Health System, Overlook Medical Center) – Public Health Hero
- Alexandra Green (Atlantic Health System, Overlook Medical Center) – Public Health Hero
- Terry Turko (Atlantic Health System, Overlook Medical Center) – Volunteer of the Year
- Vincent Ursino Sr. (Atlantic Health System, Overlook Medical Center) – Volunteer of the Year
- Atlantic Health System, Chilton Medical Center – Education Hero (organization)
“It’s gratifying to have the expertise, caring, and dedication of Atlantic Health System’s leaders, team members, and physicians recognized through the Healthcare Heroes program,” said Brian Gragnolati, president and chief executive officer, Atlantic Health System. “These accolades are a testament to the incredible commitment of our entire team to providing extraordinary caring for the patients and communities that rely on us each day.”
About Atlantic Health System
Atlantic Health System is at the forefront of medicine, setting standards for quality health care in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and the New York metropolitan area. Powered by a workforce of more than 16,800 team members and 4,800 affiliated physicians dedicated to building healthier communities, Atlantic Health System serves more than half of the state of New Jersey including 11 counties and 4.9 million people. The system offers more than 400 sites of care, including six hospitals in New Jersey: Morristown Medical Center and Goryeb Children’s Hospital in Morristown, Overlook Medical Center in Summit, Newton Medical Center in Newton, Chilton Medical Center in Pompton Plains, and Hackettstown Medical Center in Hackettstown.
In addition to the employed workforce, Atlantic Alliance, a Clinically Integrated Network represents more than 2,500 health care providers throughout northern and central New Jersey. This network includes 1,000 physicians and providers comprising one of the largest multi-specialty practices in New Jersey - Atlantic Medical Group, as well as members of the Atlantic Accountable Care Organization and Optimus Healthcare Partners which work to enhance patient care delivery.
Atlantic Health System provides care for the full continuum of health care needs, including 12 urgent care centers, Atlantic Rehabilitation, and Atlantic Home Care and Hospice. Facilitating the connection between these services on both land and air is the transportation fleet of Atlantic Mobile Health.
Atlantic Health System leads the Healthcare Transformation Consortium, a partnership of seven regional hospitals and health systems dedicated to improving access and affordability and is a founding member of the PIER Consortium – Partners in Innovation, Education, and Research – a streamlined clinical trial system that will expand access to groundbreaking research across seven health systems in New Jersey.
Atlantic Health System has a medical school affiliation with Thomas Jefferson University and is home to the regional campus of the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Morristown and Overlook Medical Centers and is the official health care partner of the New York Jets.