BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - This week’s municipal complex update comes to you from the Council chambers, where millwork finishes are being worked on this week and next. Also this week, flooring installation continued as did final painting, and work on the detention area and police entry lobby. We had some building inspections this week, which will continue into next. Cleaning crews were working on the upper floors, while some trades started to demobilize, as their work is either finished or almost finished. Schindler was on scene to continue work on the elevator; their tests will continue into next week. Work also began on the emergency access road in the back of the building.
Next week, we are hopeful Schindler will finish their elevator installation and testing so they request an inspection from the state soon. If all goes well with the elevator, we hope to move furniture in beginning in the next few weeks!
For the week ending October 30, 2020 at the Berkeley Heights Municipal Complex project site, the following took place:
- EPIC and their subcontractors had an average daily manpower count of 46 workers.
- EUC graded on the north side, prepped for the emergency access road, and placed stone for a temporary east side egress pathway.
- Industrial Cooling Corporation installed HVAC finishes and detention area HVAC items, and started up the cabinet unit heaters.
- Epic Interiors taped and spackled, substantially completed the main vestibule soffit, installed access panels, worked on doors and hardware, closed up the Stair #4 ceiling, continued the detention area ceiling, and performed fireproofing support at Stair #2.
- Mehl Electric installed electrical finishes, wired door security, tested the Area of Refuge system, programmed and rang out the fire alarm for inspection, pretested the pre-action system, and placed the jail cell lights and detention area cameras.
- Artisans Showcase of Tile tiled and grouted the main entrance lobby.
- Fine Painting continued painting in the basement and the 1st floor, and prepped for Stair #2 intumescent paint and basement concrete floor sealer.
- Epic Millwork continued Council Room paneling and trim, as well as wood base and chair rail.
- All American Surfaces installed basement flooring, vinyl base, and Recreation Office carpet.
- AGP Plumbing installed rest room fixtures and plumbing accessories in the basement.
- Schindler Elevator began the elevator pretest.
- Industrial Flooring Corporation applied miscellaneous epoxy in the detention area.
- 18 Glass performed glazing for doors and missing panes.
- Warshauer replaced a generator part and retested the system.
- All Ply Roofing substantially completed the cornice, began vestibule roofing, and tied in additional north side downspouts.
- Central Jersey Landscaping placed mulch and ground cover plantings.
- Top Line poured the concrete landing for the east side exit doors.
- Allied dropped the detention area sprinkler heads and performed system tests.
- FireBarr applied spray fireproofing at Stair #2.
- Net Q continued terminations and server room work.