October 10, 2012 at 3:26 AM
The six PTOs which serve the Berkeley Heights Public Schools funded a combined total of $236,000 in enhancements during the 2011-2012 school year. This amount comprises over $10,000 in teacher grants, more than $53,000 in enrichment programs and assemblies for students, and $114,000 in equipment gifts to the schools. Among these gifts are:
- a sound and projection system for the Governor Livingston High School cafeteria,
- new safety pads for the Columbia Middle School gym,
- a new playground at William Woodruff Elementary School,
- an interactive whiteboard and 11 iPads at Mountain Park Elementary School,
- 24 iPads at Thomas P. Hughes Elementary School, and
- an interactive whiteboard, 16 wall-mounted cork boards for art display, and replacement swing sets for the Mary Kay McMillin Early Childhood Center.
The remaining $56,000 includes Project Graduation, special events, and services.
In addition to this monetary support, PTO volunteers work countless hours every year to support the schools. Thank you to everyone who donated to or volunteered for the PTOs last year. Together we are making a difference in our schools!