August 20, 2014 at 4:03 PM
BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ – eMedical Urgent Care, announced that their office located at 369 Springfield Avenue in Berkeley Heights will undergo a renovation project. They have been a trusted provider of immediate medical services in Union County for more than 25 years.
The office will be fully staffed to treat patients throughout the renovation project, which is expected to be completed by the end of October.
When renovations are completed, the urgent care center will feature:
- A new registration area that maximizes patient privacy
- New equipment in the exam rooms
- 5 spacious exam rooms, including exam rooms designed specifically for children, seniors and patients with autism
- A state-of-the-art digital X-ray system, which will enable patients to receive copies of their X-rays on disk
- A spacious, new waiting area that triples the size of the current waiting room. The waiting room will include a play area for children.
- A workers’ compensation suite, which will centralize all of the services and equipment needed to provide occupational health services. This area will be separated from “sick” patient exam rooms and will provide clinicians easy access to laboratory, X-ray, orthopedic and wound care services
- A more centrally located nurses’ station that will provide clinicians quicker access to and from patient exam rooms
- Updated restrooms
- New TVs with cable TV access
- Public Wi-Fi access
- Completely new furnishings, wall coverings, flooring, cabinetry and wall décor in a soothing, modern color palette
- A new state-of-the-art telephone communications system, including surround-sound music system
- Complimentary tea and coffee station for patients
- New exterior signage and improved external architectural appeal
eMedical Urgent Care is expanding into adjacent office space. Renovations will begin in the new adjacent space to ensure minimal disruption to patient care. The office will remain open during its usual business hours.
eMedical Urgent Care provides complete urgent care, lab services, X-rays and more, delivered by board-certified emergency physicians, family physicians and internists working with highly trained nurses, radiology techs and medical assistants. Its state-of-the-art electronic medical record system means a patient’s treatment information can easily be sent to his or her primary doctor for follow-up care.
Our physicians diagnose and treat a variety of urgent conditions, including colds, coughs and sore throats; ear infections; nausea and vomiting; allergies and rashes; urinary tract infections; sprains and strains; cuts and fractures. When patients require additional care, physicians can provide referrals to specialists, such as primary care physicians, orthopedists, allergists and ophthalmologists. Additional services include hearing tests and bone marrow donation testing services.
The center recently launched a Patient Referral Rewards Program. Current patients now receive referral cards to share with friends and family when they come in for medical care. When a new, referred patient visits then office for treatment, both the current patient and new patient will receive a $15 Amazon gift card. Additionally, the center is offering a 15 percent discount on commercial drivers’ license (CDL) medical examinations now through Oct. 31.
The office is open seven days a week, 365 days a year, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Patients are seen on a walk-in basis without appointment.
eMedical Urgent Care, which operates a sister location in Middletown, is open seven days a week, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Patients are seen on a walk-in basis without appointment, and with eight exam rooms, there’s rarely a wait. The center accepts most major insurance plans and offers a discount program for the uninsured.
eMedical Offices is located at 369 Springfield Avenue in Berkeley Heights. The office is open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. For more information, call (908) 464-6700 or visit www.emedicaloffices.com.