The Core - The first thing that must be done to create happiness is to have a strong core.
Think of this in a physical sense. When I first started working out at the gym with a trainer, they told me I needed to have a strong core which meant strong abdomenal muscles. This would keep your body balanced. If your stomach was strong, you would have less back pain, better balance, etc.
The same is true for mental health - to have a happy, balanced life you need a strong core which means a strong foundation - a strong sense of self. You must know who you are and have good self-esteem before you can create any happiness in your life.
I want you to understand that having a strong core will not mean that you will never have another problem, fight or issue again. What I am saying: If you have a good foundation, it will be easier for you to handle anything that comes your way. You won't doubt yourself, you will make good choices and will be confident in your decisions.
To get a strong sense of self - you need to be self- aware and learn about yourself. I'm going to give a list of questions that will help you find out more about yourself:
1. What are your likes/dislikes?
2. What are your strengths/weaknesses?
3. What are your hobbies?
4. Write down your short- and long-term goals and an action plan to get there.
5. What are your life-long dreams? Why haven't you fulfilled them yet? How can you start?
6. Who in your life is causing you to feel bad about yourself? What are you going to do about these people?
7. Are you able to forgive?
8. Do you have a job or a career?
9. What are your political beliefs? Religious? Spiritual?
10. What was your childhood like?
11. What are your biggest fears?
12. What changes could you make right now that would improve your life?
These are questions that need to be answered when you have alone time. Block off some time that is just for you, then find a quiet spot and answer the questions HONESTLY!!! Do not judge your answers or yourself.
This is the beginning of a new chapter - get excited!