SUMMIT, NJ - On a day that City of Summit was informed of one new, confirmed COVID-19 case by the New Jersey State Department of Health, the City released select information relative to the cases that were confirmed in July.
Through interviews conducted by the Westfield Regional Health Department it has been determined that there were:
- Five cases with known exposure (from family or friends)
- Four cases that did not report (no return call or incorrect contact information)
- Two cases associated with a party
- Two cases with no known exposure
- One case associated with travel to a high-risk state
- One case declined to be interviewed
- Six reported cases among young people ages 19 and younger
- Three reported cases among people ages 20 to 24
- Two reported cases among people ages 30 to 34
- One reported cases among people ages 40 to 44
- Two reported cases among people ages 50 to 54
- One reported cases among people ages 55 to 59
- One reported cases among people ages 80 to 84
Summit's total number of confirmed cases of the virus since the pandemic's onset is now 228.