Government

Clark Township Receives Municipal Aid Grant for Road Repair Project

May 15, 2014 at 12:48 PM

TRENTON, NJ – Clark was one of 391 New Jersey municipalities that received a local aid grant as part of an $81.6 million package designed to address local transportation projects, the Christie Administration recently announced.  Funding for the grants is provided through the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund and administered by the NJDOT.

Grants were awarded through the Municipal Aid, Transit Village, Local Bikeway, and Safe Streets to Transit programs. “These grants promote motorist, pedestrian and bicyclist safety, mobility and quality-of-life projects,” said NJDOT Commissioner James Simpson.  “Most of the Municipal Aid grants will support street paving or preservation projects, and will arrive in time for towns to make much needed repairs after a brutal winter.”

Clark Township received a $195,000 Municipal Aid Grant for projects on Broadway and Terminal Avenue.  NJDOT funds 75 per cent of the grant when the town awards the contract and the remaining 25 per cent when the project is completed.

TAP Into Another Town's News:

TAP Into Another Town's News:

Sign Up for E-News

Clark

Seventeen Graduate Local Suicide Intervention Training

December 10, 2016

The graduates of a recent suicide intervention training class held by caring and crisis hotline Caring Contact of Westfield proudly hold their certificates. The Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) class was held Dec. 3 and Dec. 4 at the RWJ Rahway Fitness and Wellness Center in Scotch Plains.

ASIST is an internationally acclaimed interactive training program in suicide ...

Prevent Homelessness – Build Affordable Housing in Every Community

December 10, 2016

Dear Editor:

The first time I heard the story being told by a homeless mother who was staying in our church as part of Family Promise’s program, I knew I had to become an advocate. Becoming homeless could happen to any one of us! 

The loss of a job; illness of the major breadwinner, or an increase in rent due to gentrification can catch families in a downward ...

News from Nearby: Fatal Plainfield Shooting Under Investigation    

December 10, 2016

PLAINFIELD, NJ -- A fatal shooting that took place in Plainfield early Thursday morning is under investigation, acting Union County Prosecutor Grace H. Park announced Friday.

The deceased victim has been identified as 36-year-old Ronnell Harrison of Plainfield.

Shortly before 5:45 a.m. on Thursday, Plainfield Police Division patrol units responded to the 700 block of West 4th Street in ...

Beckerman’s Theory of Everything

Any armchair theoretical physicist knows that Stephen Hawking has pursued a lifelong quest to come up with a Theory of Everything. This all-encompassing theory would tie together general relativity (large scale and high mass galaxies, stars, etc), quantum theory (quantum mechanics, quarks, atoms, subatomic particles), and Newtonian physics (gravity on small bodies, gas laws, electromagnetism) to ...

‘A Child’s Christmas in Wales' Captures Old-Fashioned Nostalgia at Shakespeare Theatre

MADISON, NJ – It’s clear the Welsh love to sing as the evening moves on with relatives gathering for Christmas dinner at the Thomas home in Wales.

The play opens with three children and then a chorus singing “In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,” a melancholy tune that conjures visions of Swansea, a village in Wales,  with “fallen snow on ...