July 5, 2014 at 9:00 AM
SUMMIT, NJ - Two special, week-long kids camps -- teaching kids the science of cooking utilizing food found in all parts of the world -- are set for July 28 and August 4, with enrollment now open.
Budding Master Chefs will get hands-on instruction as they prepare, unique, delicious and healthy meals and snacks, including:
- Guacamole with Sweet Potato Chips
- Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa
- Corn and Ham Frittatas
- Make Your Own Pizza Station
– Pizza with fruit topping
- Apple crisp – Fruit kabobs – Fruit pies
- Watermelon Popsicles – and Lemonade Sorbet – Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches
There are two sessions per day, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. for 12-years and under, and 2 - 5 p.m. for teens-up. Both sessions and weeks will be held at St. John's Lutheran Church, which is located at 587 Springfield Avenue.
The cost to attend is $150 per person, per week for those 12-under, and $175 for teens. For more information, contact May Fridel at firstname.lastname@example.org.