WEST ORANGE, NJ - Seton Hall didn't have to think back too far to find a spark for motivation for their showdown against #1 Delbarton on Saturday. The Green Wave trounced Seton Hall 9-0 in the second game of the season. "Today had a different feel from the first time we played them because this time we believed we could play with them the whole game," Seton Hall's Steven Aloia said.  Stay with them they did, containing a high-powered Green Wave offense through the first period, ending the frame scoreless.  Unfortunately for the Pirates, they couldn't keep the Green Wave scoreless throughout the game, and Delbarton defeated Seton Hall 2-0.

A bigger, more physical Delbarton team controlled the early minutes but was unable to get on the scoreboard. Seton Hall had its first chance when Tom Croonquist caught a crisp pass, flying into the offensive zone. His wrister was blockered aside by Delbarton's Bobby Kaminski.

Seton Hall had an immediate disadvantage when Aloia, a starting defenseman, was driven hard to the boards. He cut his lip and had it glued in the locker room during the period. Although he came back later in the period, and said, "It didn't affect my play for the rest of the game," Aloia had it stiched after the game at the hospital.

The clean period continued until a Kenny Agostino interference with 49.6 seconds left gave Seton Hall the first power play for either team. Unfortunately for the Pirates, they weren't unable to generate a scoring chance. The period ended with Delbarton holding the edge in shots on goal 7-5. Although, the play was predominantly in the Seton Hall end, the Pirates were the ones with the better scoring chances.

The second period opened with the Pirates on the power play for 49 seconds. Seton Hall was unable to generate any scoring chances until the last five seconds of the power play when a scrum in front was covered up by Kaminski. Out of the box, Agostino was able to get an odd man rush started. His wrister was saved, as was the rebound, with a sprawling leg by Harrison who had to dive to the left to cover the open net.

Delbarton kept the puck deep and Agostino again was in the right place at the right time, feeding Mike Pirovano for the one timer with 13:27 left. Seton Hall battled back though, as a saucer pass found a Pirate forward alone from the slot for a one timer that was high, barely over the crossbar.

The next power play was again awarded to Seton Hall as Michael Longo was sent to the box for roughing with 8:43 to go in the second period. Delbarton's aggressive penalty kill foiled the Pirates' play once again. The last four minutes were dominated by the Green Wave, which had two scoring chances and a 15-5 shots on goal advantage.

The Pirates came out in the final period lucky to be only down a goal. Unfortunately, Seton Hall's luck lasted only two minutes. After a David Mosier cross checking penalty put the Pirates down a man, Delbarton fired away at Bobby Harrison. Harrison was up to the task until the power play expired.

Seton Hall changed their lines at the wrong time, leaving two forwards unmarked at the blue line. Tom Pesce fed Peter McMullen for the breakaway goal with 11:33 left to give the Green Wave a lead they would not relinquish.

Seton Hall coach Peter Herms attempted to slow Delbarton's momentum with 4:13 remaining, but the Green Wave could not be stopped. The 35-13 shots on goal advantage told the story, although Seton Hall kept it close. The shutout continued the Green Wave's defensive dominance, as they have only allowed 9 goals through 10 games.

Delbarton finished the game up 2-0 over Seton Hall.