February 26, 2014 at 3:09 PM
There may be a blanket of snow covering Summit, but don't let the weather fool you - the Spring Real Estate market has already begun.
If you are thinking of listing your home, now is the time to put a plan in motion and consult with a real estate expert. There are several important facts to consider, and questions to ask, if you are in the market to get on the market and take advantage of the prime selling season.
- Contrary to popular belief most sellers should not “wait for the flowers to appear” before listing their homes for sale – it is too late
- Buyers are out there right now, actively looking
- Inventory is low – why wait to be in fierce competition with other homes coming onto the market?
- Interest rates are still historically low but forecast to rise in 2014 as the U.S. achieves greater economic stability
- A 1% increase in interest rates equates to approximately 10% less buying power for buyers
- This, coupled with a 5% average rise in Summit house prices in 2013, mostly in the housing market below $1,000,000, and a similar increase currently forecast for 2014, may further “out-price” buyers
- By April / May buyers turn their attention from real estate to graduations, confirmations, vacations etc.
- We get more requests for showings on “snow days” than on regular days! Seriously!!
- Take advantage of our expertise in minimizing pre-listing expenditure and maximizing return on investment by consulting us now!
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.