For Appointments, Visit www.EssexCOVID.org or Call 973-877-8456
ESSEX COUNTY, NJ — Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr. announced the upcoming schedule of Coronavirus testing sites sponsored by Essex County. The tests are being offered to Essex County residents free of charge. To make an appointment, please visit www.EssexCovid.org or call 973-877-8456.
For the first time, testing is available to children ages 8 and above.
Upcoming testing locations are as follows:
- Thursday, October 1, 4 to 6 p.m., Westville Avenue Pool, 293 Westville Avenue, West Caldwell
- Friday, October 2, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Essex County Weequahic Park, Meeker Avenue entrance, Newark (Walk up appointments are available at this location.)
- Tuesday, October 6, 4 to 6 p.m., North Caldwell Recreation, 141 Gould Avenue, North Caldwell, NJ
- Friday, October 9, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Essex County Weequahic Park, Meeker Avenue entrance, Newark (Walk up appointments are available at this location.)
- Additional dates will be announced.
“Unfortunately, Essex County leads the state in the number of deaths caused by the Coronavirus. Our fight against this deadly disease is far from over and we must remain vigilant and aggressive to combat it. Testing is a critical tool that will tell us exactly how widespread the virus is and who has been infected. Whether you are exhibiting symptoms of the Coronavirus or not, we encourage residents to make an appointment and get tested,” DiVincenzo said.
Essex County residents with or without symptoms are encouraged to get tested. Residents age 8 years and older are welcome to get tested. Residents are encouraged to get retested if they have taken the swab or saliva tests 14 days ago or more and have received negative test results. Testing is provided free of charge; health insurance is not required.
To make an appointment, residents should visit www.EssexCOVID.org or call 973-877-8456. They will be required to complete a short questionnaire. When finished, they will be provided with an appointment time and a confirmation number. Residents should bring the confirmation number with them. They are asked to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment. Residents taking the COVID-19 saliva test should not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum 30 minutes prior to arrival.
TAPinto SOMA is a free online newspaper serving the Townships of Maplewood and South Orange Village with no paywall. TAPinto SOMA is accredited by the New Jersey Press Association, and is a locally owned news organization serving the community.