The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders and the Department of Parks & Community Renewal are happy to announce the next evening of “Family Fun and Flix” – the free summer outdoor entertainment and film series – will feature the animated comedy “Despicable Me” on Tuesday, July 12, in Warinanco Park, on the border of Elizabeth and Roselle.
“Family Fun and Flix begins at dusk, but come early to the park to enjoy interesting preview activities at 7:30 p.m. that are fun for the whole family,” said Freeholder Chairman Deborah Scanlon. “Bring a blanket or beach chair to claim your spot on the lawn or save a seat in the bleachers – either way, the early birds are sure to like the preview activity before each movie.”
The whole family will enjoy an educational and entertaining show by “Mad Science” instructors before the movie on July 12. Mad Science events are spectacular science-themed shows designed to amaze and entertain young audiences. Everyone’s imagination will be sparked by Mad Science before the screening of “Despicable Me.”
A quiet suburban neighborhood is home to a villainous man in the 2010 movie, “Despicable Me.” The villain plans to steal the moon until he meets three little orphaned girls who see something in him that nobody else has ever seen: the perfect dad.
The other dates and locations for this summer’s Family Fun and Flix are:
- Tuesday, July 19 at Warinanco Park: there will be Basketball Fun and Games followed by the animated feature film, “Space Jam.”
- Tuesday, July 26 at Warinanco Park: see if you can Kung Fu your way to self defense before watching the original “Kung Fu Panda.”
- Tuesday, August 2 at Meisel Park in Springfield: Take part in National Night Out, sponsored by PBA Local #73, before viewing “G-Force.”
- Tuesday, August 9 at Meisel Park in Springfield: Make a fishy craft project before the showing of “Finding Nemo.”
- Friday, August 19 at Echo Lake Park in Mountainside: Enjoy a classic car show by G-Wiz Auto Entertainment and the Garden State Chevelles before the animated adventure comedy, “Cars.”
All movies start at dusk, weather permitting. For more information, call the Union County Department of Parks and Community Renewal at 908-527-4900. For program and rain information call 908-558-4079 after 3:00 p.m. on the day of the show.