FANWOOD, NJ –– The Borough of Fanwood will host its 21st annual Fanny Wood Day on Sunday, Sept. 18 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in downtown Fanwood. People of all ages and interests are invited to attend.
This year’s Fanny Wood Day will feature live entertainment, a classic car show, vendors, and a wide variety of activities. The event will include kid-friendly events such as a water balloon toss, scavenger hunt, and pet parade. Also returning from last year are the contests such as the pizza, ice cream and cream pie-eating contests.
Here is the day's schedule:
- 9:00 a.m. -- Car Show (South Ave.)
- 10:00 a.m. -- Vendors & Kids' Areas Open (train station parking lot)
- 11:30 a.m. -- Scavenger Hunt Begins
- 11:30 a.m. -- Zumba Workout, sponsored by YMCA (main stage)
- 12:00 Noon -- Opening Ceremony
- 12:15 p.m. -- Fanny Wood Day Photo Contest Winners announced, sponsored by Unity Bank
- 12:30 p.m. -- Best Dressed Pet Parade, sponsored by K-9 Resorts (main stage)
- 12:30 p.m. -- Eating Contest sponsored by The Fanwood Grille (main stage)
- 1:00 p.m. -- Live Entertainment (main stage)
- 1:30 p.m. -- Ice Cream Eating Contest, sponsored by Rocko's Ice Cream (outside Rocko's)
- 2:00 p.m. -- Live Entertainment (main stage)
- 2:30 p.m. -- Water Balloon Toss, sponsored by Lightbridge Academy (main stage)
- 3:00 p.m. -- Debbi Zakarin Bubble Gum Blowing Contest, sponsored by Elite Properties (main stage)
- 3:30 p.m. -- Pizza-Eating Contest, sponsored by Nick's Pizza (outside Nick's Pizza)
- 4:00 p.m. -- Cream Pie-Eating Contest, sponsored by Mara’s Café (main stage)
The classic car show will be dedicated to the memory of classic car enthusiast, Don Wussler, a dear friend of the Fanwood community who passed away at the end of 2016. The show will feature classic cars of many different makes and models and will start at 11:00 a.m. on South Avenue, just east of Martine Ave. There is no charge to enter a car in this show. Day of show attendees are welcome, however it is suggested that you pre-register your vehicle to help with planning.
This Kid Zone, located on in the South side train station parking lot, will feature a petting zoo, pony rides, a climbing wall, and other rides.
The winners of the 6th annual Fanwood Photography Contest will be announced at the Fanny Wood Day celebration. Photographers of all ages were invited to submit up to three of their best images. While there is no requirement that submissions be of Fanwood subject matter, local scenes related to Fanwood will be one factor in the judging along with originality, emotional content, and presentation.