Gingerbread house workshops, Santa visits, holiday shopping, musical performances, cannon fire, and holiday house tours are all on tap for the final weekend of the 16th Annual Colonial Christmas at Bedminster's Jacobus Vanderveer House.
Hours are from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, December 1 and 2. $10 admission per adult. $5 children 6-12. Free to Museum members and children 5 and under. The museum is located at 3055 River Road, River Road Park, Bedminster.
Visitors will enjoy tours of the museum, which is decorated for the holidays by Gail Whiting of Design Consultants, Bedminster; Richard Blauvelt of Flowers on the Ridge, Basking Ridge; and Camelot Construction; holiday shopping with boutique merchants and artisans; Colonial musicians, re-enactors and crafters; military demonstrations by Lambs Artillery Company; Santa visits; gingerbread house workshops for children; and a special exhibit from the Knox Museum in Thomaston, Maine. Support for the popular fundraiser is provided by Glenmede; Bevan, Mosca & Giuditta, P.C.; Investors Bank; Meeker Sharkey & Hurley; Maplecrest Auto Group; Union Paving & Construction; Mr. & Mrs. Darrick Anderson; Yolanda A. Cillo, M.D.; Mr. and Mrs. John Galbraith; and Mr. & Mrs. Craig Sutherland.
- Tours of the museum, festively decorated for the holidays by Gail Whiting of Design Consultants, Bedminster; Flowers on the Ridge, Basking Ridge; and Camelot Construction
- Colonial Re-Enactors and Crafters
- Food Trucks
- John Lambs Artillery Company Demonstrations
- Holiday Shopping with Classic Home & Garden, India Hicks, Stanton Sweets, MACJAC, LLC, Flower Basket Lady Bug, Virginia Peacock, and Lady Ellen’s Fine Ware
- The Enslows perform Colonial American Christmas Music
- Gingerbread house workshop for children accompanied by an adult, courtesy Ms. Gail’s Kids Cooking. Cost of the program is $43 per kit, limited to one child & one adult per kit, and includes admission to the house tour for one (1) adult. Walk-in registration $50 per kit. (outside in tent)