Wawona Packing Co. in Cutler, Calif., has recalled specific lots of whole white and yellow peaches, white and yellow nectarines, plums and pluots over concerns of possible listeria contamination. The products were packaged between June 1 and July 12.
The company distributes their products to Sam's Club, BJ's Wholesale Club, Trader Joe's, Stop & Shop, Whole Foods, Costco and a number of other large food retailers.
Costco Recall Information:
- Yellow Peach, 5 LB. UPC: 849315455187
- Yellow Nectarine, 5 LB. UPC: 849315323202
- White Peach, 5 LB. UPC: 849315894078
- White Nectarine, 5 LB. UPC: 849315479329
BJ’s Recall Information:
- Yellow Peach, 4-4.5 LB. UPC: 033383322117
- White Peach, 4-4.5 LB. UPC: 033383322162
- Yellow Nectarine, 4-4.5 LB. UPC: 033383323152
- White Nectarine, 4-4.5 LB. UPC: 033383323183
- Plum, 4-4.5 LB. UPC: 033383454689
- Pluot, 4-4.5 LB. UPC: 046142001291
- Black Plums – 1 LB. UPC: 40895
- Nectarines – 1 LB. UPC: 40897
- Peaches – 1 LB. UPC: 40896
- White Nectarines – 1 LB. UPC: 41073
The Stop and Shop website says customers may return any of the specified product for a full refund.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Listeriosis, caused by eating food contaminated with the bacterium Listeria Monocytogenes primarily affects older adults, pregnant women, newborns and adults with weakened immune system.
The FDA is asking anyone who purchased the recalled products to not eat them, and throw them away. Consumers with questions can contact Wawona Packing Co. at 1-888-232-9912.