Gallery Walk Metuchen 2014 is an arts event sponsored by the Metuchen Arts Council and will showcase works in six exhibition spaces. It will take place from noon to 5pm on Sunday, October 5. Festivities will also include food from local partner restaurants as well as music provided by The Happy Campers, who will perform outside Metuchen’s Gallery at the Rotunda at Borough Hall.
“This is our second annual Gallery Walk Metuchen,” says Amy Brooks, Chairperson of Gallery Walk Metuchen. “We were amazed at how many visitors attended last year’s Walk and how enthusiastically they embraced the event. It really seems to already have established itself in the culture of our town.”
The following galleries will be participating in Gallery Walk Metuchen:
- Nails in the Wall, the Gallery at St. Luke’s (17 Oak Ave.), featuring the historical installation “Artifacts: 150 years of God’s Presence”, which presents the Parish’s history as a religious and cultural center in Metuchen. (nailsinthewall.com)
- Transformations Gallery in the Old Franklin School (491 Middlesex Ave), featuring an exhibit of some of the most interesting and beautifully composed photographs from the archives of the Metuchen Historical Society. (boroughimprovementleague.org)
- Rotunda Gallery at Borough Hall (500 Main St.), featuring the opening and artist’s reception of “Taking Time Apart,” a one-person exhibit comprised of 13 ceramic, mixed-media, and poetry sculptural works by local artist Linda Vonderschmidt-LaStella. (claysongs.com)
- Vam Art Gallery (15 Station Place), featuring “Continuum 2014,” an exhibit of 19 paintings by five American artists. (vamartinc.com)
- The Drawing Room (329 Main St.), studio of painter Ed Wetzel, featuring a series of photographs from St. Veronica’s Guild (a local photography Club) as well as figure paintings by the artist and his adult students. (TheDrawingRoom.biz)
- Library Gallery (480 Middlesex Ave.), featuring posters from the student winners of the Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ Contest “Species on the Edge.”
Printed programs for the Walk are available at each of the venues and in local Metuchen stores and restaurants.
A downloadable version is posted on the Gallery Walk Metuchen Facebook page (tinyurl.com/GalleryWalkMetuchen), which also features a downloadable mobile app for the event. Parking is available near all of the gallery locations on the Walk. For more information, contact Amy Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.