Goryeb Children’s Hospital, part ofAtlantic Health, the parent company of Morristown Memorial Hospital and Overlook Hospital, will host flu vaccinations for children and accompanying parents or caregivers throughout the fall and winter at Atlantic Health’s headquarters located at 475 South Street, Morristown, NJ.
The walk-in clinics, offered through Maxim Health Systems, will offer vaccinations for both seasonal influenza and the H1N1 strain. Children eight years and younger receiving vaccine for the first time should receive 2 doses (separated by at least 4 weeks).
The flu vaccine will be offered in both an injectable version for people ages six months to 21 years (with a preservative-free version available) for $28 and the Flumist version, for people ages two to 21 years, for $35.Parents and caregivers accompanying children can also be vaccinated for the same fee.
In addition to the flu vaccine, parents and caregivers will also be able to receive vaccinations for tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough) for $75. The fee for each vaccination must be paid at the time of service by using cash or personal check; credit cards will not be accepted.
The dates for the clinics will be:
- Thursday, November 18, 2010
- Thursday, December 2, 2010
- Wednesday, December 15, 2010
- Wednesday, January 5, 2011
- Thursday, January 27, 2011
TIME: 3:00pm – 7:00pm
LOCATION: 1st Floor, Atlantic Health, 475 South Street, Morristown, NJ 07962
In order to receive a flu vaccination, you must:
- Not have an allergy to chicken eggs and/or egg products
- Not have an allergy to Thimerosal (used as a preservative in vaccines)
- Not be exhibiting symptoms other than mild coughing, runny nose and/or diarrhea
- Not have a history of Guillain-BarréSyndrome
- Not had a serious reaction after receiving a prior influenza vaccination
- Meet any CDC eligibility requirements required at the date of service.