August 13, 2014 at 5:50 AM
BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - Heights Fest will bring friends together, both new and old. The event is being held on Saturday, August 16, at Mount Carmel Field located at 56 River Road in Berkeley Heights starting at 4 p.m with a slate of live music entertainment by local bands, food court and beverage garden, vendors and the Berkeley Heights famous Garden State Fireworks show.
"This is a great way to meet people if you are new to our town," said event organizer Mickey Manganelli. "Come and make new friends or reminisce with old friends. Everyone is welcome so let's all get together and raise some money and have some fun!"
Eight local bands will take the stage at Heights Fest featuring:
- Barefoot Tramps - Original Folk/Blues/Country
- Day Tripper - Beatles Tribute Band
- GL Highlander Girl Pipers Reunion Band - Variety of traditional Scottish Tunes
- Joe Bury Band - Classic/Southern Rock
- Rear View Mirror - Mostly Rock/Pop, with a little Blues, R&B, Rockabilly, Jazz, Progressive
- Squirrell - Classic Rock Covers
- Street Hassel - Classic Rock Band featuring The Brass Balls
- Tommy O'Brien - Acoustic Tommy Rock
- Open Mic Hour
Kids will be entertained by the video Game Truck, Glitter and Henna Tattoos, games and more.
Vendors include Fortune Teller/Spiritual Advisor, Massage Envy Spa, Kayla’s Creative Art Studio, Mary Kay Cosmetics, clothing, jewelry and accessories.
Berkeley Heights' own Pete's Place Family Restaurant at Yogoccino will be serving a special menu. Additional food vendors include Johnny's Meatballs, Taco Truck from El Chilango Taqueria Restaurant and Hot Dog and Lemonade vendor and more.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the American Cancer Society and The Family Promise Foundation which helps support the homeless of Union County.
Tickets are being pre-sold at Yogoccino, Berkeley Hardware, King Bennie's Tiki Lounge at Nagoya or from Heights Fest secure website for $20 per ticket, kids 6-10 are $10. Tickets will be sold at the event for $35.