SUMMIT, NJ – The third annual Hilltopper Alumni Weekend will be held October 11-13, and all Summit High School (SHS) alumni are invited back to Summit to attend a weekend of educational, sporting, entertaining and social events. Special sporting events, a golf outing, student art exhibitions, school tours, alumni luncheon, bus transportation to the Summit High School football game, class reunion celebrations, and a Sunday coffee are among the activities slated.
"Our wish is to reconnect alumni with the Summit community and to to showcase all that the school system, downtown, performing arts, and athletic departments have to offer," said Peter Laughlin, Hilltopper Alumni Weekend committee member and SHS Class of '75 grad. He added, "Our great town of Summit has so much to offer through tradition and innovation that we want the alumni to have the opportunity to 'come home' and experience it all."
This Hilltopper Alumni weekend schedule includes:
- Career Day at Summit High School, with guest lectures by notable alumni @ 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.4:00 p.m.
- Freshman Football Game at Investors Savings Bank Field - Tatlock Park @ 4 p.m.
- Girls Varsity Tennis at Summit - Memorial Park@ 4 p.m.
- Lawton C Johnson Summit Middle School (LCJSMS) Cross Country Meet at Memorial Park @ 4 p.m.
- LCJSMS Field Hockey Game at LCJSMS @ 4 p.m.
- Kick-off Alumni Happy Hour Party in the Hat Tavern of the Grand Summit Hotel @ 6 p.m. to closing
- Class of ’83 Reunion Party at the Hat Tavern @ 7 p.m.
- Weichert Realtors-sponsored golf outing at Municipal Golf Course @ 9 - 11 a.m.
- SHS Open House: guided tours of the building, student art exhibitions @ 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Town Deli-sponsored Alumni Luncheon open to all alums, family and friends in the SHS Cafeteria @ 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Free Bus Ride to away SHS Football Game in Rahway – departing SHS parking lot at 12:15 p.m. -- sponsored by the Summit Football Alumni Association.
- SHS Alumni Reunion Parties – Saturday evening:
Class of ’63 – Canoe Brook Country Club
Class of ’73 – Marco Polo Restaurant
Class of ’78 – Knights of Columbus
Class of “88 – Summit Elks Lodge
- Hilltopper Alumni Farewell Coffee at the DeBary House -- located at 265 Springfield Avenue -- @ 9 - 11 a.m
Hilltopper Alumni Weekend is supported, in part, by Summit Downtown Inc., Lois Schneider, Weichert Realtors, Hilltopper Savings, and Graham Curtin Law. For more information on the weekend and its activities, visit www.hilltopperalumni.com.