It can seem daunting to focus on attracting high-quality clients. Many people often suffer from some form of imposter syndrome that causes them to get nervous and second guess themselves when they are communicating with people who are smart and successful business people themselves. But, you can speak so that quality clients will listen if you just understand a few facts about your business, your clients, and yourself.
* Know Your Audience – This is said often because it’s so true. Your audience will not remain static. What you learn about them today could change tomorrow due to changing values of society, different technology, and other factors. Stay aware of who they are, what they want, what they need, and what they desire, by always studying them.
* Know Your Product – Even if you offer a service, start thinking of it as a product. It’s important that you know how to explain to others what you’re really offering to them. Learn to use the right words to explain what you offer to your potential clients so that they totally get it and want what you’re offering. And guess what - if you know who they are and you know what they need, that’s what you should offer.
* Keep It to the Point – Long sales pages, long blog posts, and so forth are great for SEO, but if you’re talking one-on-one with a potential client, get to the point. And get to the point from their perspective, showing them that you understand what they need by giving them examples and facts.
* Let Your Positivity and Passion Shine – Have you ever listened to someone who was obviously in love with what they do, and the product or service that they are talking about? You can just see them light up and get excited about it. You need to do that too. If you’re offering quality, it’ll be easy.
* State Your Feelings – One thing that we often do is forget that no one can read our minds. You may be trying to demonstrate your passion for your product and helping your clients solve their problems. But no one can really read your mind. Tell them. If you catch yourself smiling and grinning about what you’re saying, tell them "Sorry, I just get so excited about this process because it works so well" or something relevant that states your feelings. In this way, they know what you are trying to impart to them. Don’t make them assume.
* Show Them You Get Them – One way to speak so that your clients listen is to let them know that you get them. One way to do that is to repeat back to them what they’ve told you. "I understand that you...", "It’s clear that you...", and "I hear you saying that you feel...". When you show them that you get them, they start listening.
* Accept Responsibility – If you ever run into a situation where a client is not happy or is feeling stressed out about something that you may have done or a misunderstanding, if you value that client the best choice is to accept responsibility or at least share the responsibility with them. When you start accepting responsibility, a quality client will chime in what their own responsibility was too.
* Offer Value – When you offer value, you’re golden. The more value you can offer to your clients, the more they’re going to want to listen to what you are saying. Actions always speak louder than words, so don’t just talk the talk; walk the walk too.
* Be a Resource – When clients have issues that your product or service doesn’t solve, since you know them so well you should recommend other people’s products and services that will. Keeping up to date on your industry will make you a valuable resource to them.
If you really want high-quality clients to listen to you and invest in you, it’s imperative that you believe in what you’re offering. If you know that what you are offering is going to really be of value to them, it’s going to be so much easier to speak about it with enthusiasm in such a way that your audience will not only listen, they’ll also act on it and invest their time and money with you.
Are You Ready To Get Results Now! Book a “Spring into Action” Strategy Call” with me. Let’s See How I Can Get You Results and FAST! TO SCHEDULE A COMPLIMENTARY “Spring into Action” STRATEGY CALL GO TO Http://www.BetterBizBetterYouInfo.com
Anna D. Banks, MAS, is a business coach, trainer, speaker and host of the Better Biz Better You Show (http//www.BetterBizBetterYouShow.net) podcast. Anna works mainly with women professionals and business owners who desire a bigger business and self-development. She facilitates workshops, seminars, training, and coaching to entrepreneurs, and owners of small and mid-sized business. In addition to her extensive training, business development and media experience, Anna is a John Maxwell Certified Coach and a Certified D.I.S.C. Behavioral Studies Trainer.
Like what you’ve read? Want more of the latest marketing and personal development best practices delivered straight to your inbox? Click here to subscribe to our monthly marketing and personal development newsletter and get a Special FREE Gift visit http://www.betterbizbetteryou.com
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.