HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, NJ - While fans of high school football are anxiously awaiting the upcoming season, they maybe disappointed to find out that admission to high school games in Hasbrouck Heights and Wood-Ridge is going to be limited.
Both Hasbrouck Heights and Wood-Ridge will be following guidelines of the NJSIAA and New Jersey Interscholastic Conference regarding attendance at football games.
Per Wood-Ridge Athletic Director Marc Sinclair, the guidelines for attendance of football games will be as follows:
- All spectators attending outdoor events MUST wear face coverings;
- All spectators must follow social distancing guidelines;
- Fan sections that are in clusters are strictly prohibited.
Football games at Wood-Ridge High School:
- Football Players and Cheerleaders will receive 2 tickets to be used for each home contest;
- Visiting schools will receive two tickets for each roster player;
- As per the NJIC League rules and regulations, there will be no visiting bands or cheerleaders;
- There will be no admission or concession stands.
- Spectator policies for away contests will be at the discretion of the host school and communicated to the parents, guardians, and student body by Wood-Ridge Athletic Director and Coaching Staff.
- As per the NJIC Conference rules and regulations, there will be NO traveling for Wood-Ridge cheerleaders and band members to away games.
Hasbrouck Heights Athletic Director Michael Scuila stated that Hasbrouck Heights will be issuing two wristbands (to be used as tickets) for each player to give to his parents. Anyone without a wristband and masks will be turned away. Also, at all games, everyone will be asked to sit on designated spots that will be marked six feet apart and will need to wear a mask at all times.
TAPinto Special Introductory Advertising Packages provide local businesses with social media marketing, content marketing, and brand awareness as well as the flexibility to market in neighboring towns. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3gi5QJ7
TAPinto Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Teterboro is Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge and Teterboro’s free daily news source, and is the official newspaper of the Hasbrouck Heights Board of Education, Hasbrouck Heights Borough Council, and Wood-Ridge Board of Education.