JERSEY CITY, NJ - Mayor Steven Fulop is reminding voters that if they are not comfortable with the US Postal Service transporting their completed ballots in advance of the November 3 election they can also utilize one of six secure drop boxes that have been installed across the city, one in each ward.
Each box, Fulop assured, us under 24-hour surveillance to assure the safety and integrity of all votes.
Drop boxes are located at the following locations:
- Earl A. Morgan Branch of the Jersey Public Library, 1841 JFK Blvd.
- St. Peter’s University, 2641 John F. Kennedy Blvd
- Hudson County Plaza, 257 Cornelison Ave.
- North District Police Station, 282 Central Ave
- City Hall, 280 Grove St
- City Hall Annex, 1 Jackson Hill (formerly MLK Hub)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic Governor Phil Murphy has ordered that there will be no in-person voting and that all registered voters will receive a ballot in the mail. Once completed ballots can be sent back via mail, put in a drop box, or delivered to poll workers on Election Day.
Know a story we should share with readers? Email editor Steve Lenox and tell him about it.