LIVINGSTON, NJ - Gerard Amsellem, a World Film teacher at Livingston High School, is offering a new film series, via the La Cinematheque Film Club, featuring renowned East European filmmakers. The films will be shown in the Loft at the South Orange Performing Arts Centers, which is located at One SOPAC Way, South Orange. Sessions will be held at 2 p.m., one Sunday a month, from February to June. A cash bar will be available during the sessions. Click here to sign up.
Amsellem, an educator, artist, and filmmaker, will provide introductions and commentary in addition to leading post-screening discussions present the series. Attendees will learn the origins of modern film and have the opportunity to discover and discuss various influential filmmakers, their styles and philosophical messages of their films
The La Cinematheque Film Club East European Series will feature the following films:
- February 2, When Father Was Away on Business (1985) Emir Kusturica
- March 2, Blue (1993) Krystof Kieslowsky
- April 6, White (1994) Krystof Kieslowsky
- May 11m Red (1994) Krystof Kieslowsky
- June 8, 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days (2008) Christian Mangiu