April 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM
LIVINGSTON, NJ - From performing in shows, concerts and contests, music and the arts are prevalent in Livingston's schools. Recently, Livingston High School students performed with the Essex County Honor Band, and others performed in a show. And, througout March and April alone, TAP Livingston ran 10 articles on some of Livingston's talented students and on music and arts events and contests.
On April 2, Livingston High School students performed with the Essex County Honor Band, a large symphonic band comprised of more than 100 of the finest high school student musicians in Essex County. Performers included: Steve Un, Jason Kim, Julie Zedeck, Sam Vasilyev, Audrey Kim, Jonathan Kalman, Jihoon Choi, Jocelyn Wang, Owen Leong, Kevin Peng, Marvin Meng and Brian Luster.
Mount Pleasant Middle School students got into the spirit of authentic beatnik poetry at the school’s Poetry Coffeehouse production, which was held on April 10.
Below are some recent articles that ran inTAP Livingston about music and the arts in the schools:
- All Township Music Festival Captivates Audience at Livingston High School
- Jazz Music is in the Air in Livingston
- Livingston Students Honored in Music, Arts and Public Speaking
- Livingston High School Students Exhibit and Win Awards at Art Show
- Livingston High School Students Win National 2014 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards
- Livingston Public Schools Celebrating "Youth Art Month" in March
- Livingston Students Excel in Forensics Competitions
- Livingston's Heritage Middle School Performs "Guys and Dolls"
- “Grease” Is a Sold Out Success
- Livingston High School Student Heads to Poetry Out Loud NJ State Finals