June 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Residents of the Greater Norristown area are being welcomed to an event aimed at the youngest members of our communities. The tenth annual Youth Rally is slated for Saturday, June 21 from noon to 3 p.m. at the Greater Norristown Police Athletic League (GNPAL), 340 Harding Blvd.., Norristown.
GNPAL Executive Director Brett Wells said that the rally will focus on living a clean and active summer.
“The rally is part of a PECO grant supporting GNPAL activities and celebrates the youth of Norristown, Pa., while reinforcing drug and violence-free messages through the summer,” said Wells.
The youth rally is being hosted by GNPAL, along with Norristown Communities That Care (CTC), Family Services, Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Montgomery County District Attorney’ Office, Carson Valley Children’s Aid, Victory Church of Audubon, and the Norristown Police Department.
All local residents, no matter their age, are invited to check out the festivities and learn more about summer programs right in our own backyard. A wide variety of activities for the long, hot days of summer will be presented.
According to Wells, families will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about programs in the Norristown borough
- Sign kids up for summer programs
- Enjoy free hot dogs, drinks and soft pretzels
- Meet members of the Norristown Police and Fire Departments and other local and county law enforcement officials
- Enjoy fun games and activities for all ages
- Listen to live music and watch dance performances
- Play in the Moon Bounce and Giant Slide
“Don’t miss out!” said Wells, who welcomed residents of Lower Providence Township, in addition to the Norritons and borough.