January 29, 2014 at 7:45 PM
SOUTH ORANGE, NJ – Police arrested a 37-year-old Newark man in connection with a Clark Street burglary in October.
Kareem Hawkins was arrested on Jan. 15. He was being held on unrelated charges at the Union County jail, where he was served the South Orange warrant.
Michael Crowley, 23, also of Newark, was arrested after police responded to reports of an accident on Garfield Place shortly after midnight on Jan. 16. During the investigation, police discovered that Crowley had been driving while intoxicated.
In other police news:
- A 17-year-old Maplewood resident was arrested at approximately 5 p.m. on Jan. 18 when police answered reports of a suspicious vehicle on Glenview Road. The officer discovered that the minor was in possession of marijuana and arrested him without incident.
- Police responded to a call that someone had broken into the First Presbyterian Church on Irvington Avenue shortly after 5 p.m. on Jan. 20. Officers found a broken window on the first floor, but did not find anyone inside. No items were reported stolen from the church.
- A Garfield Place resident told police that someone stole his bicycle from his driveway sometime between 3 p.m. on Jan. 20 and 10:30 a.m. on Jan. 21. The bike was not locked.
- An Elm Court resident stated that someone stole a package from her front door sometime on Jan. 23. The contents were valued at $10, and the empty box was found nearby on South Orange Avenue.
- A Seton Hall University employee reported to police that someone stole a textbook from the on-campus bookstore on Jan. 23. The thief, described as a black male in his 50s with salt and pepper hair, walked into the store and grabbed the book before fleeing on foot.