GLADSTONE, N.J — The prize list is now online for Monmouth at the Team, presented by Precise Buildings. The hunter/jumper event is scheduled for Aug. 13–20 and this year includes an additional full day of equitation and children’s hunter competition on Monday, Aug. 20. Schooling starts at noon Sunday, Aug. 12.
Founded in 1895 and formerly known as the Monmouth County Horse Show, the event moved in 2016 to historic Hamilton Farm, the U.S. Equestrian Team Foundation Headquarters in Gladstone, N.J. Monmouth at the Team is an opportunity for area competitors to enjoy superb hospitality and footing at a beautiful, iconic, world-class facility. Exhibitors give rave reviews for this exceptional horse show.
The popular boutique equestrian competition was a sell-out in its first two years and competitors are encouraged to enter early. Enter online at www.horseshowing.com . Entries will close on Aug. 1. Due to the limited capacity, management anticipates that post entries will not be accepted.
The feature classes include:
- $5,000 USHJA National Derby, sponsored by Eastern Hay & Grain
- $1,500 Bit O’ Straw Classic, sponsored by Signature Spurs
- $10,000 Bobcat Derby, sponsored by The Nature Conservancy at 2’, 2’6” and 3'
- $5,000 Welcome Jumper Stake, sponsored by Equine Billing Services
- $5,000 Children’s/Adult Jumper Classic, sponsored by EquiJet
- $1,500 1.0M Jumper Classic, sponsored by Red Oak Farm
- $2,500 Junior/Amateur-Owner Jumper Classic, sponsored by Lindner Farm
- $2,500 Low Children’s/Adult Jumper Classic, sponsored by Zeus Scientific
- $10,000 Mini-Prix, sponsored by Horseflight
Monmouth at the Team also offers the ultimate in hospitality, thanks to the generous sponsorship of Missy Luczak-Smith. Gather with friends and enjoy the competition from an ideal vantage point. Chive and Thyme Catering will serve gourmet fare starting at noonSunday. Join us each morning at 7 a.m. for continental breakfast. Snacks, lemonade and iced tea will be available all day. Savor light appetizers with beer, wine and Tito's cocktails each day, followed by substantial appetizers at 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, enjoy brunch served at 9:30 a.m. Afternoon parties with live music Thursday-Sunday add to the ambiance. Contact Leslie Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org for details or use the hospitality form.
Boutique shopping at Monmouth at the Team offers something for everyone. Vendors should reserve now as only a few spots remain.
See more Equestrian news at www.TAPintoHorses.net
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TAPintoHorses/
Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox.