MOUNT OLIVE, NJ - The Longhorn Steakhouse restaurant in Mount Olive was destroyed Tuesday morning by a major fire.
Roxbury firefighters assisted those from Mount Olive and elsewhere in battling the 3-alarm blaze at the 50 International Drive establishment, according to police and fire broadcasts. They said the fire was being fed by the restaurant's natural gas supply which was eventually shut off.
In battling the blaze, firefighters used three tower ladder trucks and hand lines. There were reports of several firefighters sustaining minor injuries.
Make sure you don’t miss any Roxbury news! Click here to sign-up for our free, daily e-newsletter.
TAPinto Roxbury is free to read, funded entirely by business advertising.
Want to help support local journalism and promote your business to thousands of community-minded readers? Become a TAPinto Roxbury sponsor! Call 862-259-2448 or click here.
To send press releases, classified ads, items for the event calendar, “Milestones” announcements, etc., look for the “Submit Content” link on the homepage.