BORDENTOWN, N.J. — Nearly two dozen 4-H members from across the state competed in the New Jersey State 4-H Equine Presentations contest at the Rutgers Eco-Complex on March 17.
The contest determines who is eligible to represent New Jersey at the Eastern National 4-H Roundup which brings 26 states together to compete in equine knowledge contests.
Members did demonstrations or presentations as individuals or in teams of two, and public speaking, which involves no visuals.
The State Horse Bowl contest was held in February. The next contests are Hippology and Horse Judging which will be held at the Gloucester County DREAM Park, April 6 and 7. After those contests, members who qualified for more than one event must choose which they will attend at Roundup.
Results of the 2019 New Jersey State 4-H Equine Presentations- 2019
Senior Individual Presentations
1. Madison Whiting, “Necrotic Nibblers,” Somerset County
2. Caroline Rockhill, “Emergency,” Atlantic County
3. Lauren Guerriero, “Cause, Effect and Everything in Between Wobblers,” Sussex County
4. Morgan Nervine, “The Breeder’s Cup,” Sussex County
5. Riley Chenoweth-Hafner, “All the King’s Horses, All the King’s Men, Putting Yourself Back Together Again,” Ocean County
6. Mackenzie Esposito, “8 Legs are Better than 4,” Warren County
Other presenters were: Emily Leidner- Warren; Olive Scaff- Monmouth; Liana Trebour and Trudy Brenan Ocean
Senior Public Speaking: 1. Hunter Morgan, “Animal Rights and the Movement of Horse Slaughter,” Ocean County
Senior Team Presentations: 1. Skylar Cooper and Morgan Wordelman, “Fly Be Gone, But How?” Gloucester County
Junior Individual Presentations:
1. Grace McGowan, “Horse Neglect,” Sussex County
2. Emma Erickson, “Equine Colic,” Sussex County
3. Nora Hansen, “Lights, Camera, Horses,” Ocean County
4. Kyra Huebner, “How to Find the Right Tack for Your Horse,” Ocean County
5. Lacey Jernstedt, “Horses and Acupuncture,” Ocean County
6. Alex Morgan, “It Must Have Been a Miracle,” Ocean County
Other presenters were: Jaida Long- Ocean and Tessa Erickson- Sussex
Junior Public Speaking: 1. Grace Leavitt, “Help the Cause: Abolishing Horse Slaughter Houses World Wide,” Ocean County
Learn more about New Jersey 4-H at www.nj4h.rutgers.edu
See more Equestrian news at www.TAPintoHorses.net
Contact TAPinto Horses at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TAPintoHorses/
Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox.