A Body in motion, stays in motion. Engaging in an active lifestyle for both the mind and body is important, especially as we age.
The Summit Area YMCA offers a wide selection of engaging activities, programs and trips designed for active older adults. Our classes, from Duplicate Bridge to Self Defense, are geared to improve physical and cognitive wellbeing while being enjoyable and social! At the Y, seniors who participate in our healthy living and social programs increase their self-confidence and sense of achievement while building a strong sense of belonging and a network of friends. As a result, YMCA active older adults live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
“The elderly should not be alone. As an 81-year-old, socialization at my age is very important, particularly since my wife passed away. The Y is a big part of my day, five days a week. Coming to the Y it gives me time for good fellowship and good conversation. “
-- Don, Summit Area YMCA Member
This Fall, with over 30 classes offered to seniors at minimal to no cost including popular favorites like our Learn & Learn Lecture Series discussing relevant topic in the news to intriguing new subjects like Sound Healing Yoga, there’s a class out there for everyone. Choose from the following:
• Adult Ballet, Berkeley Heights YMCA
• Duplicate Bridge, Summit YMCA
• Book Group, Summit YMCA
• Sound Healing Yoga, Berkeley Heights YMCA
• Mah Jongg, Berkeley Heights and Summit YMCA
• Touch Tennis. Summit YMCA
• Lunch & Learn Series, Summit YMCA
• Learn to Play the Violin or Cello, Summit YMCA
• Technology Help Center, Summit YMCA
• Self Defense Class, Summit YMCA
• Meet the Mayor, Summit YMCA
• Baseball World Series: Two Teams, One City, Summit YMCA
• Fall Day Trip – Long Island’s Gold Coast, Summit YMCA
• History Series, Summit YMCA
• Pickleball for all levels, Summit YMCA
• Water Fitness Classes, Summit YMCA
Fall registration begins on August 13th. Classes run from September 4 through December 23. Visit www.thesay.org/adults to learn more or to register.
Questions? Contact Lisa Meyers at 908-273-3330 X1186 or email@example.com for programs at the Summit YMCA. Contact Lisa McQuilkin at 908-464-8373 x 2026 or firstname.lastname@example.org for Berkeley Heights YMCA programs. The Summit Area YMCA builds stronger communities with programs and services that help all individuals learn, grow, and thrive in a welcoming, inclusive environment. In fact, we have activities and program happening every day at the YMCA. To learn more about events and activities for all ages, visit our calendar of events at https://www.thesay.org/Calendar.