May 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Special Needs NJ, LLP
Who are we and what do we do?
- Tutoring for both Special Needs and academically struggling students
- Applied Behavioral Therapy (ABA) Therapy for Autism and other disabilities in your home.
- Advocacy to parents understanding your child’s Individual Education Plan (IEP), which includes: A. Interpretation, B.Preparation C. Monitoring and observation, D. Meeting attendance, E. Letter Writing, etc…
- Provide in home care for your disabled family member
- In home care for elderly, companionship, meal prep, med management etc…
- Errands and transportation to Dr’s., store, pharmacy
Has your child been newly classified?
What’s a parent to do?
Has your child recently been classified as having special needs at school and you don’t know what to do next?
Educational Advocates: Why an advocate?
As educational advocates we evaluate children with disabilities and make recommendations about services, supports and special education programs. When we go to eligibility and IEP meetings, we are acting on your child’s behalf. As your child’s educational advocate we can negotiate for services by relying on our knowledge of the special education laws to implement tactics and strategies that will provide instruction that “fits” your child’s disability.
What Advocates Do:
Advocacy is not a mysterious process.
Here is a quick overview of advocacy.
1. Gather Information
2. Learn the Rules of the Game
3. Plan and Prepare
4. Keep Written Records
5. Ask Questions, Listen to Answers
6. Identify Problems
7. Propose Solutions
As a parent of a special needs child we know that youmust negotiate with schools for special education services. As your co-advocate we will negotiate, discuss issues and make offers or proposals. We are all seeking “win-win” solutions that will satisfy the interests of you the parent, the child, and school professional
Special Needs NJ, LLP believes that all children have the potential to succeed in school. Our dedicated tutors are committed to helping improve your child's academic abilities - no matter the subject or skill level. We work to pinpoint the exact skills your child needs to learn.
All instruction is differentiated to the clients learning ability, mode of learning, with implementation of adaptive technology, auditory, visual or tactile aides.
Special Needs NJ, LLP works with each client individually, so your student receives the specific help he or she needs. To ensure success across communities, our tutors will work hand in hand with your school teachers to provide support and guidance
You Don’t have to go it alone… Special Needs NJ, LLP
can help if…
· Your child is not reaching their potential.
· Your child has a “cookie cutter” Individual Education Plan (IEP)
· Your child is frustrated or “hates” school.
· You and your child are struggling with difficult behaviors at home, school, or in the community.
· You don’t understand all those letters and terms used in the IEP meeting.
· The Child Study Team (CST) is Not hearing you!
· You have a “special” child and need some peace of mind.
· You need someone who understands how you and your family are struggling and can help you improve the quality of life as you know it.
· Your child needs an academic boost or motivation.
· You are caring for an aging parent
For more information; visit us at… www.specialneedsnewjersey.com
Or call… (973) 534-3402 for a free 1/2 hour consultation