NEWTON, NJ- Santa’s official helpers in the Town of Newton have announced the route he will be taking on Saturday. Santa will be on a fire truck for his visit. He will be making stops at residences that have made a reservation beginning at 10 a.m.
- Entering south on Water Street/Route 206
- Turning Left onto Trinity Street
- Turning right onto Stuart Street
- Turning right onto Lower Spring Street continuing up through Spring Street to the square,
- Turning left onto High Street to West End Avenue
- Turning left onto Douma Drive continuing left onto Ryerson
- Turning left onto Main Street
- Turning right onto Halsted
- Turning right onto Madison Avenue
- Turning left back onto Main Street/Route 206
- Continuing south on Route 206
- Turning left onto Merriam via the gate entrance
- Turning left onto Jersey Place continuing to Stratford Lane
- Turning left onto Patterson Place
- Turning right onto York Road, left onto Kory and right onto Trenton
- Turning right onto Dogwood Drive all the way around to Linmor Avenue then up Pine Street back down to Dogwood Drive and right onto Gardner
- Turning right Merriam Avenue, then left onto Pine Street, then left onto Mason Avenue, then right onto Lawnwood Annex, then right onto Woodside Avenue
- Santa will make his final approach back through the center of town on Spring street continuing to Water Street, then left onto Mill Street.
Santa’s final turn will be onto Swartswood Road, making a left onto Lake Avenue and finally a left on Hillside Terrace. From there Santa will be returning to the North Pole to prepare for his busy schedule, town officials report.
Santa will remain on the fire truck this year, following COVID-19 protocols.