NUTLEY, NJ - The Township of Nutley Board of Commissioners approved $50,000 in funding to Nutley Family Service Bureau (NFSB) for 2021. The funding will support the food pantry and general services provided by the organization.
Two payments of $25,000 each will be made to NFSB in June 2021 and December 2021. In the past, NFSB received $65,000 from the township of Nutley to provide services to the community. That funding was cut to $25,000 by former Township of Nutley Commissioner Steven Rogers. This round of funding was introduced by Commissioner John V. Kelly III who took over the Department of Public Affairs after being elected to the Township of Nutley Board of Commissioners in the May 2020 election.
The resolution reads:
BE IT RESOLVED, that pursuant to an agreement between the Township of Nutley Department of Public Affairs and Health and the Nutley Family Service Bureau, including the Nutley Family Service Bureau Food Bank and all other general services for the residents of Nutley, the Township authorizes the payment of $50,000.00 effective January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021. Payment of $25,000 to be made in June 2021 with second payment of $25,000 to be made in December 2021;
The services being provided in accordance with the agreement, and not otherwise provided by the Department of Public Affairs and Health, are as follows:
• Service Nutley Residents with food services from ages 0 through 65 and older for Nutley Residents only
• Edible Education Events
• Provides group mental health for Nutley residents
• Provides residents with Addiction related issues/support
• Provide the Township with a Thrift Shop to families in need
• Mental well-being work shops
• Continued health and welfare of all Nutley Residents
• Assists with Nutley Farmer’s Market EBT Program
• Individual psychotherapy counseling
• Therapists available after any NHS or Township Crisis
• Back Pack Initiative
• Provide tele-health visits due to COVID – 19
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, funds will be available from account # 1-01-120-209 for $50,000.00 and will be certified by the Chief Financial Officer subject to the adoption of 2021 Municipal Budget.
Since 2016, TAPintoNutley.net has been the only locally owned news organization serving the Township of Nutley, and is a member of the New Jersey Press Association. The Nutley Board of Commissioners first named TAPintoNutley.net the township's 'Official Electronic News Source' in 2019.