BRANT BEACH — The Ocean County Friendly Sons of the Shillelagh celebrated a successful year on a beautiful October afternoon on Saturday, October 10. The club members, friends and family gathered together to celebrate with food, drinks and music by Shillelagh member Shay Mac.
The event took outdoors at the Long Beach Island VFW building in Brant Beach. Some highlights of the organization's benevolence this year included:
- Assisted in delivering Easter food baskets for the Southern Regional High School Food Bank.
- Donated snacks for the Barnegat School Districts lunch program.
- Donated $500 to help feed first responders through Big Barlow's Barbeque.
- Initiated a program in April to sell lawn signs to support first responders. The proceeds of the sales supported Ocean’s Harbor House, Interfaith Hospitality Network of Ocean County and Family Promise of Southern Ocean County. We raised in total about $5000.
- Throughout the year the Shillelagh's supported various causes that support military personnel both retired and active duty.
Enjoy some fine Irish music by Shay Mac:
The Order of The Friendly Sons of the Shillelagh, Ocean County is a fraternal organization of men of Irish descent, created to promote Irish Heritage. They are in the process of opening their own club building in the near future.
Interested members are welcome. Please check out the club's website at https://oceanfsos.wildapricot.org/