MONMOUTH COUNTY: Prom season is on the way! There are many underprivileged teens who would love to have the opportunity to go to their high school prom, but the exorbitant cost of buying a gown or a suit is just not possible for them.
So many of us have gowns or suits/tuxedos that we have worn once and now they hang in our closets...there's a young girl or guy out there who can greatly benefit from items we are most likely never going to use again.
TAPinto Holmdel & Colts Neck and TAPinto Middletown are participating in a Prom Drive to collect gently used or new Prom gowns of all lengths, and the accessories to go with; formal shoes, evening bags, costume jewelry, ties, ...any prom wear! Open your closets and your hearts to giving to our local youth.
This collection is to benefit the 4th Annual Prom Drive by Lunch Break in Red Bank. The prom drive runs through the entire month of March. You can drop off your donations during regular operating hours to these local businesses who are hosting drop off locations for the prom drive:
- Colts Neck Dance, 410 State Route 34, Colts Neck 732.866.3930
- Frutta Bowls, Colts Neck in the Orchards Plaza 732.414.6397
- Camp Coconuts Corporate Office, 205 Harmony Rd. Middletown (inside IAM Fitness)
- Salon Concrete in Bell Works, 101 Crawfords Corner Road, Holmdel
- Painting With a Twist, 2145 Rt 35 North, Holmdel (in the Holmdel Kohls plaza)
Last year's prom drive served 237 teens who all said, "Yes to the dress or tux!" If you are in the area and would prefer to have your donations picked up call/text 732.492.2500