PLAINFIELD, NJ — Plainfield properties in and near South Avenue, according to a legal notice published on Friday, are on the Planning Board's December 17 agenda. Board members will consider whether to recommend certain properties be designated as a non-condemnation area in need of redevelopment.
Business addresses listed in the legal notice include Netherwood Auto Repair, PNC Bank, Walgreen's, and what used to be the Delta gas station on the corner of Belvidere and South avenues.
The Shell gas station at Leland Avenue is another property identified in the notice. Coming soon, twelve fueling gas stations are scheduled to be built on the Wawa site just down the road near Terrill Road.
The 509-11 Belvidere Avenue property is owned by Joaquina Rodrigues, according to tax records; she is the wife of Jacinto Rodrigues, Chairman and CEO of Crown Bank, and President of Sumo Enterprises that includes the mixed-use property across from the Netherwood train station. A ribbon cutting ceremony was held in September 2017; to date, none of the nine retail spaces have been filled, and the building is also one of the addresses listed in the notice.
Block/Lot/Addresses in the notice include the following, and owners, according to tax records on the City of Plainfield's website, are listed:
- 616 1 1041 South Avenue — SARITA ENTERPRISES, LLC
- 616 2 1101-07 South Avenue — BELVIDERE RLTY ASSOC, LLC
- 616 3 1109-13 South Avenue — BONPEL REAL ESTATE HOLDINGS, LLC
- 616 4 1115-25 South Avenue — PNC BANK NA C/O NATL TAX SEARCH, LLC
- 616 5.01 1127-45 South Avenue — WALGREEN EASTERN CO, INC
- 621 1 900-02 South Avenue — SOTO, ABISAI & MARISOL
- 621 2 904-06 South Avenue — WEBB, GARLAND & MARSHA
- 621 3 908-14 South Avenue — DOSHI, VARDAMAN R & REKHA
- 621 4 916-26 South Avenue — NETHERWOOD POINTE LLC
- 621 5 928-32 South Avenue — KARI LEE COURT LLC
- 621 6 934-36 South Avenue — GUZMAN, LUIS & MARLENNY
- 621 7 500-06 Woodland Avenue — MYERS, WILLIAM
- 621 8 508-10 Woodland Avenue — RIOS, JORGE & RUTH
- 621 9 512-14 Woodland Avenue — AMAYA, LUI F & JUANA M
- 622 1 1000-06 South Avenue — NIMROD WEBB
- 622 2 1008-14 South Avenue — 1014 SOUTH AVENUE LLC
- 622 3 1016-18 South Avenue — DI DONATO, DANIEL
- 622 4 1020-22 South Avenue — DI DONATO, DANIEL
- 622 5 1024-34 South Avenue — PLAINFIELD DEVELOPMENT INC
- 622 6 508-12 Belvidere Avenue — MELENDEZ, ORLANDO & MARIA Y
- 622 7 514-16 Belvidere Avenue — DI DONATO, DANIEL
- 622 17 511-17 Woodland Avenue — 1014 SOUTH AVENUE LLC
- 623 1 1100-10 South Avenue — ADONI, RAMON & JILL
- 623 2 1112-14 South Avenue — ADONI, RAY
- 623 3 1116-18 South Avenue — ELITE AUTO SALES INC
- 623 4 1120-38 South Avenue — EFRUS, JED & EFRUS, SCOTT
- 623 5 1140-42 South Avenue — SRJN. LLC
- 623 6 1144-48 South Avenue — PLAINFIELD GAS REALTY, LLC
- 623 24 509-11 Belvidere Avenue — RODRIGUES, JOAQUINA
RELATED (Applicant 1014 South Avenue LLC): Plainfield Zoning Board Approves Five-Story South Avenue Building
According to the notice, once the Planning Board makes its recommendation, the City Council will consider whether to designate the Study Area as an area in need of redevelopment by resolution. "Such a determination shall operate as a finding of public purpose but shall not authorize the municipality to exercise the power of eminent domain to acquire the Study Area."
Read the full legal notice and find out how to join the virtual meeting. The public will be allowed to comment.
PLANNING BOARD OF THE CITY OF PLAINFIELD, NEW JERSEY PUBLIC HEARING ON A NON-CONDEMNATION AREA IN NEED OF REDEVELOPMENT INVESTIGATION PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on December 17, 2020 at 7:00 p.m., via virtual meeting, the City Planning Board will hold a Public Hearing to consider whether to recommend to the City Council that all or a portion of the following properties (collectively, the "Study Area") should be designated as a Non-Condemnation Area in Need of Redevelopment, in accordance with the Local Redevelopment and Housing Law, N.J.S.A. 40A:12A-1 et seq. (the "Redevelopment Law") which authorizes municipal governing bodies to designate certain areas of the municipality as being in need of redevelopment.
Block Lot Address 616 1 1041 South Avenue 616 2 1101-07 South Avenue 616 3 1109-13 South Avenue 616 4 1115-25 South Avenue 616 5.01 1127-45 South Avenue 621 1 900-02 South Avenue 621 2 904-06 South Avenue 621 3 908-14 South Avenue 621 4 916-26 South Avenue 621 5 928-32 South Avenue 621 6 934-36 South Avenue 621 7 500-06 Woodland Avenue 621 8 508-10 Woodland Avenue 621 9 512-14 Woodland Avenue 622 1 1000-06 South Avenue 622 2 1008-14 South Avenue 622 3 1016-18 South Avenue 622 4 1020-22 South Avenue 622 5 1024-34 South Avenue 622 6 508-12 Belvidere Avenue 622 7 514-16 Belvidere Avenue 622 17 511-17 Woodland Avenue 623 1 1100-10 South Avenue 623 2 1112-14 South Avenue 623 3 1116-18 South Avenue 623 4 1120-38 South Avenue 623 5 1140-42 South Avenue 623 6 1144-48 South Avenue 623 24 509-11 Belvidere Avenue
You have a right to be heard at the public hearing. Any interested party may appear at the public hearing and participate in the public hearing, in accordance with the rules of the Planning Board. The area in need of redevelopment investigation report prepared by Nishuane Group and a map depicting the boundaries of the Study Area are on file with the City Clerk and are available for inspection during normal business hours. Once the Planning Board has made its recommendation, the City Council will consider whether to designate the Study Area as an area in need of redevelopment by resolution pursuant to the Redevelopment Law. Such a determination shall operate as a finding of public purpose but shall not authorize the municipality to exercise the power of eminent domain to acquire the Study Area. A redevelopment area so designated shall be referred to as a "Non-Condemnation Redevelopment Area.”
The Plainfield Planning Board Meeting currently scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on December 17, 2020 has been relocated from the City Hall Library, 515 Watchung Avenue, Plainfield, New Jersey to a virtual meeting format. The meeting will now be conducted utilizing virtual/remote telecommunications equipment in conformance with the directives of the State of New Jersey.
Members of the public who wish to attend the meeting can choose one of the following options:
1. Computer/Mobile Device (by entering the following link): https://zoom.us/j/96900711068?pwd=eFZFd3VEdTk5MG45MnRWTlYyRytSUT09 Webinar ID: 969 0071 1068 Password: pl2020
2. Telephone (for a higher quality, dial a number based upon your current location): US: +1 312 626 6799; or +1 646 558 8656; or +1 301 715 8592; or +1 346 248 7799; or +1 669 900 9128; or +1 253 215 8782 Webinar ID: 969 0071 1068 Password: 436143
Individuals accessing the meeting by telephone will be capable of making a public comment at the appropriate times during the meeting by dialing *9 on their telephone and waiting for the host to unmute them. If logging in to Zoom via Computer or Mobile Device for the first time, please allow a few extra minutes to install the program (if using a computer) or application (if using a mobile device). Please contact the Planning Board Secretary at least two (2) days in advance of the meeting if you need assistance in order to access the virtual meeting. The contact information for the Board Secretary is as follows: Rosalind Miller, Board Secretary, City of Plainfield, phone: (908) 753-3486; and email: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that the Board Secretary is not available to immediately answer the telephone, please leave a message and also call back during regular business hours Published by: THE PLANNING BOARD OF THE CITY OF PLAINFIELD 11/27, 12/4/20 $669.76
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news.
Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news. Download the free TAPinto App for iPhone or Android.
Have an idea for a story? Looking to advertise? Email email@example.com.