PLAINFIELD, NJ — Steven Martini of the Nishuane Group shared a presentation at Thursday's planning board meeting that highlighted an amendment to Plainfield's TODN South Avenue non-condemnation area in need of redevelopment plan. He said it is, "essentially an expansion of the redevelopment area."
The city council adopted a resolution on Feb. 16 designating the properties as an area in need of redevelopment. When it initially came before the planning board on December 17, 2020, additional properties being investigated included PNC Bank, the Shell gas station, Netherwood Pointe, and Walgreen's, among others.
The properties in the expanded redevelopment area include:
- 616 1 1041 South Avenue — SARITA ENTERPRISES, LLC
- 616 2 1101-07 South Avenue — BELVIDERE RLTY ASSOC, LLC
- 616 3 1109-13 South Avenue — BONPEL REAL ESTATE HOLDINGS, LLC
- 621 1 900-02 South Avenue — SOTO, ABISAI & MARISOL
- 621 2 904-06 South Avenue — WEBB, GARLAND & MARSHA
- 621 3 908-14 South Avenue — DOSHI, VARDAMAN R & REKHA
- 621 6 934-36 South Avenue — GUZMAN, LUIS & MARLENNY
- 622 1 1000-06 South Avenue — NIMROD WEBB
- 622 2 1008-14 South Avenue — 1014 SOUTH AVENUE LLC
- 622 17 511-17 Woodland Avenue — 1014 SOUTH AVENUE LLC
- 623 1 1100-10 South Avenue — ADONI, RAMON & JILL
- 623 2 1112-14 South Avenue — ADONI, RAY
- 623 3 1116-18 South Avenue — ELITE AUTO SALES INC
- 623 4 1120-38 South Avenue — EFRUS, JED & EFRUS, SCOTT
- 623 5 1140-42 South Avenue — SRJN. LLC
- 623 24 509-11 Belvidere Avenue — RODRIGUES, JOAQUINA
Martini said, "Based on the area's proximity to TODN South Avenue, and the development pattern forecasted for this area, it was determined that the TODN South Avenue Redevelopment Area should be expanded to incorporate these properties."
This is the third amendment to the plan, Martini noted, previously amended in 2019 and 2020. The original area, highlighted in gray in his presentation, spanned from Berckman Ave. to the Netherwood train station. The expanded area includes 16 properties, highlighted in red, that were approved by the planning board on December 17, 2020, and have been updated to be consistent with the 2020 Master Plan.
The board approved the Nishuane Group's expansion plan.
(See the Nishuane Group presentation here.)
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news. Download the free TAPinto App for iPhone or Android.
Have an idea for a story? Looking to advertise? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.