It is the New Year, but before I ring in the new, I would like to address the old. I have a few updates from my 2011 articles. Here, in no particular order, is ... my p.s. …
- I have learned the hard way how important it is to protect your boots with a leather/suede spray. It works well and if applied often, will save your boots in the colder, winter months. (These Boots are Made for Walkin’ – November 2011)
- It is happening again! Another high-end designer is launching his collection for Target. This time the designer is Jason Wu, and the launch date is scheduled for February 5th, and will run only through March 6th. A new look book is out, and the collection will include Jason Wu’s signature-style clothing – simple lines, classic fit, feminine, gamine chic with pleats and bows and modest necklines. Nothing will cost over $60. Will this be another Missoni madness event? We will see … (A Tale of Missoni Madness – September 2011)
- Everyone needs one solid pair of well-fitting, boot cut jeans. How to care for your jeans and prevent the color from fading? Wash them in a cold water cycle, inside out, and dry them inside out as well. (Let’s Talk Jeans – March 2011)
- After buying a luscious-looking pair of black faux-fur boots at Marshalls for $25, I am reminded once again of the beauty of mixing higher and lower end items in your wardrobe. There is no need to pay more all the time, and you can save money without sacrificing quality, look, or style. (Let’s Mix it Up – March 2011)
- Animal prints are still going strong. It is best to wear them as accessories and chic touches to your overall look – too much and it looks overwhelming. An animal printed scarf, belt, shoe or blouse is still oh-so-chic. (Bring out the Animal in You – March 2011)
- I have unfinished business. I never did find a colorblock sweater for the 2011 fall-winter season. Perhaps this trend will extend into 2012. I hope so, because I am still looking … (What to Wear in an Emergency – November 2011)
- And yes, my wish has come true, as I have confirmation that Billy Crystal will be the host of this year’s Academy Awards Ceremony Sunday, February 26, 2012. (And the Oscar goes to … March 2011)
p.p.s. - continue to follow the shiny things. Find a shoe that sparkles, or a sweater with shimmery detail, or a ring/accessory that glitters. Any of these will certainly bring out a more shiny you.
Melissa Kaplan Guarino delights in sharing her love of fashion with you. Fashion questions? Feel free to write to Melissa at MelroseStyle@hotmail.com.