The past week has brought multiple violent storms to many New Jersey residents. Between lightning and tree damage, there have been many reports of power outages throughout the state.We all know the feeling of helplessness associated with losing power. Besides waiting for power to be restored, there is not much you can do - unless you have a Honeywell whole home generator!
Since 2012 when we experienced Storm Sandy, whole home backup generators have been one of the most popular home upgrades for clients. It looks like we may be getting rain and thunderstorms in the next few days, so make sure you are prepared in the event of another power outage, just in case. If you forget exactly what a whole home standby generator does, here are the main advantages of installing a whole home generator:
- Never lose power again - Don't wait around in the dark for the utility company to restore power. With a whole home generator, you'll have peace of mind, knowing you can still enjoy all the comforts of home and any medical equipment will remain on.
- Save money - Once your refrigerator loses power, it's only a matter of time before your food goes bad. Throwing all of that food out could wind up costing you hundreds of dollars! With a Honeywell home generator, you won't have to worry about spoiled food anymore!
- Customized protection - For those that rely on powered medical equipment, a power outage could become a life or death situation. If this is true for you or a family member, a home generator is a must. Meyer & Depew offers Honeywell home generators in multiple sizes - you can choose to only keep on the necessities, or keep everything powered.
- Fully automatic - While a portable generator can serve a purpose for some, they are not appropriate for prolonged outages for a few reasons. With a portable generator, once you know a storm is coming, you have to spend time setting the generator up, connecting everything, and running extension cords. In the event of a flash storm or if you aren't home - you'll be unprotected or have to risk going outside in the storm. Our generators come with an automatic transfer switch, so you don't have to worry. When the power goes out, the generator comes on and when the power is restored it shuts back down.
- Quieter - A Honeywell standby generator can be up to 20 decibels quieter than a portable generator.
- No waiting in line for gas - Whenever bad weather is expected, you can expect to see long lines at the gas station. If you rely on a portable generator, chances are you've had to stand in line waiting to fill up a red gas can multiple times. All those hours could have been spent relaxing at home instead of in line!
For more info on Honeywell backup generators for your NJ home, visit our website here.
Any generator purchased in July or August will receive both a $500 consumer rebate, as well as a $500 Meyer & Depew instant rebate for a total of $1,000! Contact us today for more details.
Which Honeywell generator is best for you?
We know you are busy, so to make things easy, Meyer & Depew offers free in home consultations so you can find out exactly what backup generator would be best for you. Just Click Here or call us at 908-272-2100 to set up your free consultation.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.