The hard-working Baseball Club of Chatham volunteers are busy preparing for the upcoming 2021 baseball season.
Registration for the 2021 Chatham Youth Rec Baseball Season is now OPEN for K-8 boys and girls.
The Baseball Committee is targeting April for the 2021 rec baseball season start, however, we continue to monitor the ongoing pandemic and will operate under guidance from the State, the Chatham Township and Borough Health Officers, as well as the Chatham Recreation Committee.
To register visit our website www.chathambaseball.com and click the online registration button on the left-hand side or link direct to the registration page HERE. While registering, please ensure all contact information is up-to-date so you receive all communications from us regarding uniforms, teams, rosters, schedules and more.
*Please note the voluntary donation option at time of registration. We are collecting voluntary donations to continue our much-needed capital projects in 2021 and beyond. The BCC maintains all of our baseball fields and funds improvements and upkeep as necessary, including recent projects on Nash 2 (infield expansion, new fencing, new dugouts for 2021), Shunpike infield maintenance and dugout shades, and new scoreboards at Shunpike and Nash. Thank you in advance for your support, we are grateful for such a strong baseball and softball community.
Additional information before registering:
- Registration closes at midnight Monday, Feb 15th
- If you are undecided whether your child will play rec baseball, our recommendation would be to register and if you change your mind, we will refund your registration fee.
- Your child must be enrolled in a Kindergarten program in the 2020-21 school year to register for Winners. One parent or legal guardian must reside in Chatham Borough or Township to register. If you are registering with us for the first time, be sure to add all email addresses to which you wish to receive emails from us and place a check mark in the notifications box in your profile.
- Bambino Buddy Ball registration will open at a later date.
- Do not register on our site for softball. For softball registration, visit http://chathamsoftball.com
Answers to common questions about the Youth League season (subject to COVID):
- The season is schedule to begin in April and end in June.
- Games: Winners (Kindergarten) through AA (3rd grade) play 1 game/week and games are on Sat between 9:00AM to 5:00PM for ~1hr. AAA and older (4th grade and up) play 2 games/week with one game Mon-Fri at 6:30PM and one game on Sat between 9:00AM to 5:00PM for ~2 hrs each.
- Practices: K and 1st grade practice once a week, usually Mon or Tues evenings. For 2nd and 3rd grade, practices are usually on Wed evenings. For AAA and older, practices are limited with a focus more on gameplay.
- For additional information on each league, please refer to the information on our website.
- For questions regarding equipment, we will send out an email after registration ends to parents outlining the equipment needs for 2020.
The BCC is optimistic that a spring 2021 Rec Baseball Season will occur this year. For many of you that registered in 2020, you will still have a credit in the system that will be applied to your 2021 registration fees. If you played Summer or Fall 2020 travel baseball, this credit will have been used already.
COVID Impact/Refund Commitment: Should the 2021 Chatham Rec Baseball season not be played, the BCC will provide a full cash refund to all registrants less a nominal fee ($30 or less, similar to last year) to cover the fixed costs incurred to prepare for the upcoming season (primarily costs associated with insurance coverage and field preparation).
Thank you for your interest in Chatham Baseball, we are hopeful and excited to get back to playing baseball with our kids this year!