CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Saturday, August 1, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs, Broward County, and Florida, according to Florida Department of Health.
- 117 new cases reported Saturday. (2,422 total cases)
- In the zip codes that include all of Coral Springs or part of it:
31 new cases in the 33063 zip code. (1,454 total cases)
53 new cases in the 33065 zip code. (1,515 total cases)
19 new cases in the 33067 zip code. (451 total cases)
16 new cases in the 33071 zip code. (872 total cases)
45 new cases in the 33073 zip code. (845 total cases)
24 new cases in the 33076 zip code. (616 total cases)
- 1,387 new cases reported on Saturday. (56,797 total cases)
Positivity rate (a key local indicator of infection spread): 12.8% -- it’s the rate of people testing positive out of those taking the test.
- 33 new deaths reported on Saturday. (742 total deaths) (1% of all cases)
- 99 new people hospitalized reported on Saturday. (3,332 total people hospitalized) (6% of all cases)
- Florida had 9,658 new cases reported on Saturday. (480,028 total cases)
- Florida had 179 new deaths reported on Saturday. (7,022 total deaths) (1% of all cases)
Locations for testing sites:
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.