UNION, NJ -- Congratulations to the Scotch Plains-Fanwood DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America) members who competed at a district competition on Friday, Jan. 4, at Kean University.
Forty-seven students qualified for the State competition in March to be held in Atlantic City. A special recognition goes to the following first place winners:
- Nicole Alvarez in Automotive. Services;
- Dylan Bordman and Sean Lage in Buying and Merchandising;
- Ryan Walsh in Financial. Consulting;
- Connor Alchus in Sports Marketing;
- Sofia Ciullo in Principles of Hospitality and Tourism.
Marjorie FitzGibbon is the Business Education Teacher and DECA Advisor.
Back Row: Ryan Walsh, Sam Goetz, Charles Widder, Max Steele, Ryan Cleary, Daniel Resnicoff
Front Row: Thomas Scarcella, Maya Schwartzman, Nicole Alvarez, Sara Greene and Justin Gaiamo