BELMAR, NJ — Nearly 30 businesses — and counting — will take to the street on Saturday, August 25 for the Belmar Business Partnership’s first-ever Sidewalk Sale.
The daylong event will begin at 11 a.m. in the borough’s downtown shopping district, featuring a plenitude of shops, eateries and businesses offering special deals, discounts and free door prizes.
“Our retail businesses are getting ready for what is expected to be one of the summer’s biggest shopping days in Belmar,” said Pat Tecza, chair of the BBP’s retail programs committee and owner of Nostalgic Nonsense Vintage Clothing. “Belmar has so much to offer when it comes to places to shop, eat and explore that we are pleased to place the spotlight on them for what we hope will become an annual event.”
In addition to shopping or eating at their favorite establishments — as well as experiencing a host of new ones — attendees will have the chance to win door prizes, including a Weber gas grill valued at $800 from event co-sponsor Taylor Hardware and a five $100 gift cards to each winner’s Belmar business or restaurant of choice.
Door prize winners will be announced at 4 p.m. when a performance by the local band, Doubting Toms, with special guests will cap off the day’s activities in Pyanoe Plaza, located at Ninth Avenue and Main Street.
Here is the rundown of participating businesses.
- All Around Handyman Services & Millworks, 818 16th Avenue
- Belmar Jewelers, 1006 Main Street
- Big Frog Custom T-Shirts & More, Belmar Plaza, Unit 1H
- Creativity Lab, 809 Main Street
- Cute as Buttons, 1005 Main Street
- Don's Pizza King, 811 Main Street
- Fancy Formals New and Consignment, 923 Main Street
- Fran’s Painted Furniture, 1108 Main Street
- Go Play! Retro Arcade, 1102 Main Street
- JB Couture Cupcakes, 801 Main Street
- Kearny Bank, 611 Main Street
- Lofidelic Records, 904 Main Street
- Lynette's Healing Touch Massage, 604 Main Street
- Main Street Donuts, 705 Main Street
- Nostalgic Nonsense Vintage Clothing, 903 Main Street
- Oceanside Gallery, 1010 Main Street
- Paperback Exchange, 703 Belmar Plaza
- Pro Skateboard Shop, 1108 Main Street
- Relish Hot Dog & Sausage Co., 1303 Main Street
- Selective Seconds, 911 Main Street (in rear)
- Serenity by the Sea gift shop, 1004 Main Street
- Singular Gems and Minerals, 1308 Main Street
- Sweet! candy and confection shop, 702 10th Avenue
- Sweet Tease Tea Room and Cafe, 604 Main Street
- Taylor Hardware, 914 Main Street
- The Center Square Thrift Shop, 800 Main Street
- The Endless SUP Co., 809 Main Street
- The Working Artist, 1102 Main Street
- Video Shop, 1308 Main Street
For more information, contact the BBP at 732-894-9022 or email@example.com. For updates, including signing up to be part of the sale, visit the Belmar Sidewalk Sale event on Facebook. Rain date is September 8.