SOUTH BRUNSWICK, NJ - Slippery road conditions have characterized this afternoon, with some delays of school buses i the township. here is the latest from the South Brunswick Police Department:
The snow which started around 11am has been intermittent in intensity over the past three hours. Snow plow crews are out making steady progress clearing the roadways. All municipal offices, including the Senior Center closed at 1pm. The South Brunswick Public Library is also now closed.
The snow has turned to rain and no additional accumulations are expected. Road crews have done a tremendous job and road conditions have improved dramatically. Many major roadways are down to blacktop. The lighter than normal evening traffic has seen a drop in motor vehicle crashes. Temperatures are expected to stay above freezing overnight and no additional problems are expected for the morning commute.
- Major roadways are in good condition with normal highway speeds.
- Secondary roads are improved with reduced speeds.
- Major roadways are doing ok with reduced speeds required.
- Secondary roads are slippery and require extra care when driving on.
- 21 crashes from 11am to 2pm
CLOSED - Early
- South Brunswick Municipal Building
- South Brunswick Senior Center
- South Brunswick Library
- South Brunswick School District – All schools
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury School