MILLSTONE TOWNSHIP, N.J. — The Standardbred Retirement Foundation's 12 Days of Giving campaign is a great way to help a horse in need during the holidays. Whether giving a gift to a horse in need, or a gift to someone who loves horses and would be delighted to receive this caring gesture as their holiday gift, SRF needs your help. Here is SRF's holiday wish list for the 12 Days of Giving to start today to benefit the more than 300 trotters and pacers under SRF's full care; gifts are tax-deductible:
1. Senior feed for a month for 1 of the 93 very golden oldies - $125 each.
2. Fill the hayloft for a month for the fillies and mares at the NJ location - $850.
3. Sponsor one for worming and a pedicure for $35 a month in 2018.
4. Fill the hayloft for 1 month for the geldings that happily guard the fillies and mares - $1200.
5. Retire one to your farm, priceless.
6. Rabies vaccine for the horses at the main leased farm to protect them as well as protecting the staff - $560.
7. This is a biggie, but with the tremendous growth at SRF new software is very much needed to track the more than 300 under its expense and care; manage their specific medical needs, arrange for farrier, dental, worming, veterinary care, quarantine, training, shipping, and more, and to follow-up all those adopted since 1989 - $9,000.
8. An Ipad for on-call staff managing weekend and evening emergencies in order to access important horse information from SRF's database - $329.
9. Transportation and quarantine for a horse from the kill pen to safety - $500.
10. Rehabilitate one from the kill pen till spring - $1200.
11. Become SRF's special sponsor for the Elitlopp fund raising trip in May - $4,000.
12. Hay racks, they save money in the long term as they keep from wasting hay - $249 each.
The generosity of donors is so appreciated, and if a wish is granted as a holiday gift to a friend or relative, SRF will package a special thank you to you and your recipient.
Visit many of the 300 horses on SRF's website and reminisce with some you may recall from their glory days on the oval such as Positive Press, Sea it Again, Hopeful N, Ralph Hanover, Funtime Filly, and others.
SRF is Different:
- Is the largest Standardbred adoption program in the U.S.
- Helps Standardbreds exclusively, young, aged, injured, neglected, or abused.
- Is feeding and caring for more than 300 trotters and pacers.
- Is providing lifetime homes for more than 150 retirees and provides lifetime
- Follow-up for every adopted horse, never to be at risk again.
See more Equestrian news at www.TAPintoHorses.net
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TAPintoHorses/