SUMMIT, NJ - The annual 'United States Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots' holiday toy drive -- hosted locally by the Summit Policemen’s Benevolent Association (PBA) #55 and Firefighters Mutual Benevolent Association (FMBA) #54 -- is now underway. The Drive seeks donations of new and unwrapped toys through December 14.
The PBA and FMBA will collect and deliver donated toys to the Marine Corps Reserve on December 15. Toys collected through the program are distributed to children throughout Union County and the surrounding area. Last year, the Marine Toys for Tots program collected and distributed more than 19 million toys to seven million deserving children in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands.
Donation boxes are located in the following Summit locations during normal business hours:
- Summit City Hall -- 512 Springfield Avenue, Summit Police Department entrance
- Summit Fire Department -- 396 Broad Street
- Summit Community Center -- 100 Morris Avenue
- Starbucks -- 2 Beechwood Road
- The Eatery -- 447 Springfield Avenue
- Smoothie King -- 462 Springfield Avenue
- Marco Polo Restaurant & Tavern -- 527 Morris Avenue
Face coverings are required to enter all locations and donation drop-off will be contactless.