SUMMIT, NJ - Residents may request overnight on-street parking permission through a new City of Summit Police Department online platform beginning at 9 a.m. on March 1. Those without internet access may call the Summit Police Department non-emergency number at 908-273-0051 to request permission.
The new portal, hosted by Frontline Public Safety Solutions, can be accessed by visiting frontlinepss.com/summitnj and is available for use by Summit residents on any device with internet access.
“The Summit Police Department is implementing this new online platform to provide residents and visitors with an efficient and convenient means of obtaining authorization for overnight parking,” said City of Summit Police Chief Andrew Bartolotti. “Implementation of this technology will streamline the registration process for the public and allow essential resources to handle emergency calls for service."
By municipal ordinance, overnight, on-street parking rules in Summit are as follows:
- No vehicle shall be parked on any street during any night of the year between the hours of 2:30 - 5 a.m.
- No overnight parking is allowed on any street in Summit when there is a forecast of snow.
- To park a vehicle on the street overnight, permission must be requested through the online portal or by calling the Summit Police Department non-emergency number at 908-273-0051.
- Requests must be received prior to 2 a.m.
- Requests made after 2 a.m. may be subject to a parking citation.
- Overnight parking permission may not be granted during certain weather events and states of emergency.
For more information, call the Summit Police Department at 908-273-0051.