SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ –The Sussex County officials reported four new case and no additional deaths on October 22.
As of October 22, there were 1,769 cases of COVID-19 in the county, 197 deaths and 1,428 recovered coronavirus patients. One case has been reassigned out of the county.
In New Jersey the Rt rate raised slightly to 1.17 as of October 22. Any number over 1 indicates the virus is spreading. The mortality rate in the state continues to decline as the rate of positive tests is increasing.
State officials announced hospitalizations on Thursday are 852 from 844 on Wednesday.
New Jersey had an additional 1,162 new coronavirus cases and 18 COVID-19 deaths on October 22 according to the state department of health.
New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard reported there were 14,474 deaths and 224,385 confirmed positive coronavirus cases with a mortality rate of 6.44% as of October 22. The dashboard said 4,297,612 New Jersey residents been tested as October 22.
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 24,172 patients and 1,813 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 22,116 positive tests and 1,368 deaths.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,909 coronavirus related deaths and 23,068 positive test results.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, the United States currently has 8,378,377 confirmed cases and 222,663 coronavirus deaths, with a mortality rate of 2.65%. As of October 22, New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 33,377 New York has also reported 78,645 recovered coronavirus patients.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 253 with 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough 12 with one death
- Byram Township 98 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 91 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 53 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 30 with one death
- Green Township 32 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 50 with one death
- Hampton Township 42 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 77 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 181 with seven deaths
- Lafayette Township 20 with one death
- Montague Township 40 with four deaths
- Newton Town 152 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 23 with two deaths
- Sandyston Township 11 with one death
- Sparta Township 239 with 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 34 with one death
- Stillwater Township 21 with one death
- Sussex Borough 18 with one death
- Vernon Township 207 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 83 with one death
COVID-19 testing in Sussex County is only available through local health care facilities. Check their websites for details.
Testing is available in at:
- CVS in Sparta and Oak Ridge.
- Enzo in Oak Ridge https://www.enzoclinicallabs.com/
- Skylands Urgent Care in Franklin http://www.skylandsurgentcare.com/
- URGIMED Urgent Care - Randolph, NJ 973-891-1321
- PM Pediatrics - Pompton Plains, NJ 973-616-5437
- Medemerge - Green Brook, NJ 732-968-8900
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.